We are looking for Customer Support Consultants who have experience of telephone negotiations to join a thriving team within our Manchester office maximising the collection of overdue secured and unsecured accounts. The purpose of this role is the collection of overdue debt, providing a professional and informative primary point of contact for all customers whilst maintaining the highest level of customer service.
You will have a positive telephone manner and assertive negotiation skills whilst being a good communicator. Previous knowledge of a consumer or financial market would be advantageous. You will need to be confident when dealing with clients and have good communication skills and be able to demonstrate a high level of customer service. As a team player you will be looking to join a well-respected organisation in which you will find a supportive working environment and excellent routes for career progression.
• Make inbound and outbound calls, contacting customers with overdue accounts to negotiate settlements on outstanding payments
• To record all customer contact accurately on the collections system
• Treat all customers fairly, professionally and at within legislation and codes of practice
• Deal with general account enquiries and take routine payments from customers
• Update account information (address / contact details, bank details and payment method)
• Liaise with other departments on behalf of customers to resolve problems
In addition to your basic salary we have a competitive benefits package including pension, critical illness cover, health cash plan, death in service, discounted legal services, 25 days holiday (this increases with length of service) plus a buy back holiday scheme, discounted online shopping, discounted gym memberships and season ticket loans.
As part of the Ascent on-boarding process all successful applicants are required to complete the group’s employment screening process. This process helps to ensure that all new employees meet our standards in relation to honesty and integrity therefore protecting the interests of the Group, existing employees, clients, partners and other stakeholders.
Ascent is part of the Irwin Mitchell group of companies and was the first specialist litigation debt recovery agency to be granted ABS status meaning that we are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority as well as in June 2015 being the first major debt recovery law firm to be fully authorised in the new regulatory regime operated by the FCA.
Ascent is an equal opportunity employer.